Calendar of Events
|March 19||3rd and 4th Grade Fine Arts Night||6:30 - 7:30 pm in the gym|
|March 19 - 21||3rd Grade Student Store Opens||Open before and after school and at lunch in the main hall|
|March 19 - 22||Spring Spirit Week - Dress Up Days||Tuesday: Glasses day - wear funny/funky glasses|
Wednesday: Mismatch Day - mismatch your clothes!
Thursday: Black and White Day - Wear black and white
Friday: PJ Day - Wear your PJs or something comfy/cozy!
|March 25 - 29||Spring break!||Students return to school on Monday, April 1|
Important Health Message
A larger number of students throughout the Corvallis School District have been absent from school over the last few days due to illness. We have had some students with a confirmed diagnosis of influenza or “flu.”
Please keep your student home if they have a fever of 100ºF or higher and a cough or sore throat.
- They must stay home until the fever has been gone for 24 hours, without using fever-reducing medicines. (such as Advil or Tylenol)
- More information about protecting your child against the flu when to keep your child home is available on the district website at the following link :http://tinyurl.com/csd-flu-info
If your child is medically fragile and having flu symptoms, please visit your healthcare provider. Your provider may prescribe antivirals to prevent complications. If your child is not having any flu symptoms at this time, you may want to consider keeping them home during this time of high volume student illness in our schools.
Now is a good time to consider the flu vaccine for your child and others in your home if you haven’t already done so.
If you have any questions, concerns, or need help, please contact the Corvallis School District Nurses.
- Trish Pokrzywa: (541) 757-3854
- Jen Coppock: (541) 757-4527
- Emily Muravez: (541) 757-5700
Jog-a-thon Donation Collections
The running is over, so now is the time to send in those Jogathon donations. Many families have sent them in already, and we really appreciate those who have done so.
Jog-a-thon is the biggest fundraiser of the year at Jefferson Elementary, and helps fund things like the Jag Band, the upcoming 5th Grade Musical, Field Trips, various Jefferson Clubs, the Library and much more.
If you haven’t had a chance to collect and send in those pledges, take a few moments now to do so. Even a few dollars will help make a difference.
Your Jogathon Team
Rorie & Meagan
Book Fair is Coming!
Mark your calendars for our Spring BOGO Bookfair April 22- 26, 2019.
We need your help to make the Book Fair happen. Sign up to help set up, take down or assist with the fair during the week.
Sign up here: http://signup.com/go/FZXCLyO
With your help we can make this the best one yet!
Student Transfer Requests
Corvallis Resident Transfer Window is March 1 – 31.
Transfers for students living in the Corvallis boundary areas may be requested through an online process March 1 – 31, 2019 for the 2019-20 school year. Families of kindergartners requesting transfers are required to register at their neighborhood schools by March 31.
- On April 1, transfer requests from students living in the Corvallis boundary areas will be processed through a lottery system (NOT first come-first served) with preference given to families who have siblings already in attendance at the requested school or to families of students enrolled in the Dual Language track.
- Parents and guardians will be notified regarding offers of enrollment or placement on established wait lists by April 15 unless an extension is needed.
Non-resident Student Transfer Window is April 15 – May 3
Transfers for students living outside Corvallis boundary areas may be requested through an online process on April 15.
- On April 15, openings will be announced and a second application window will open for non-resident transfer applications.
- The non-resident online application will be open until May 3.
- Parents and guardians will be notified regarding offers of enrollment or placement on established wait lists by May 17 unless an extension is needed
Please visit the district’s Student Transfers page for more details about the transfer request process.
Annual State Testing
Annual State Testing for 3rd – 5th graders begins this month. Please click HERE for updated and important information about Annual State Testing.
If you would like to learn more about your right to Opt Out of state testing, click HERE to view the district’s opt-out information.
Parent Volunteers and Field Trips
Just a reminder that any parents who would like to attend field trips with their child or volunteer in their child’s classroom must complete a volunteer application prior to volunteering. Please click this LINK and apply today if you did not complete a volunteer application when you did Registar this summer.
Don’t forget to check out the district’s Community Flyers page each week to connect with upcoming community activities, events, and programs!