Calendar of Events
|March 12||JPAT Meeting||6:30 pm in the library|
|March 13-15||No school||Parent-Teacher Conferences|
|March 19||3rd and 4th Grade Fine Arts Night||6:30 - 7:30 pm in the gym|
|March 19-21||3rd Grade Student Store Opens||Open before and after school and during lunch in the main hall|
|March 19-22||Spring Spirit Week - Dress Up Days||Dress up days coming soon!|
|March 25 - 29||Spring break!||Students return to school on Monday, April 1|
JPAT Meeting - Tuesday, March 12
Please join JPAT for our monthly meeting on March 12 at 6:30 pm in the library
Jog-a-thon Donation Collections
The running is over, so now is the time to send in those Jogathon donations. Many families have sent them in already, and we really appreciate those who have done so.
Jogathon is the biggest fundraiser of the year at Jefferson Elementary, and helps fund things like the Jag Band, the upcoming 5th Grade Musical, Field Trips, various Jefferson Clubs, the Library and much more.
If you haven’t had a chance to collect and send in those pledges, take a few moments now to do so. Even a few dollars will help make a difference.
Your Jogathon Team
Rorie & Meagan
Weather Make Up Days Announced
Due to last week’s two cancellation days, the school year will be extended two days to make up the instructional time missed. March 15 will not be used as a make-up day as some of our elementary schools have already scheduled conferences. School will be in session on the following days:
- June 14 will be a regular early release for elementary and middle schools, it will not be an early release for high schools.
- June 17 and 18 will be used as make-up days. (June 7 High School Graduation remains the same)
- June 18 will be the last day of school with extra-early release (2-hour early release) for all grades.
In the event of additional weather cancellation days this year, the superintendent will make a decision to utilize the June 19, 20, and 21 possible make-up days.
Helping Hands Food Drive
The Helping Hands Club is organizing and carrying out a food drive at Jefferson!
If you have some extra money, we would love it if you could donate some canned, non-perishable food or personal hygiene supplies. It will go to the Corvallis Welcome Center, who will hand it out to needy families.
Bring the food and/or personal hygiene supplies to Jefferson between March 5 and March 15.
Thanks for helping our community!
Student Transfer Requests
Corvallis Resident Transfer Window is March 1 – 31
Transfers for students living in the Corvallis boundary areas may be requested through an online process March 1 – 31, 2019 for the 2019-20 school year. Families of kindergartners requesting transfers are required to register at their neighborhood schools by March 31.
- On April 1, transfer requests from students living in the Corvallis boundary areas will be processed through a lottery system (NOT first come-first served) with preference given to families who have siblings already in attendance at the requested school or to families of students enrolled in the Dual Language track.
- Parents and guardians will be notified regarding offers of enrollment or placement on established wait lists by April 15 unless an extension is needed.
Non-resident Student Transfer Window is April 15 – May 3
Transfers for students living outside Corvallis boundary areas may be requested through an online process on April 15.
- On April 15, openings will be announced and a second application window will open for non-resident transfer applications.
- The non-resident online application will be open until May 3.
- Parents and guardians will be notified regarding offers of enrollment or placement on established wait lists by May 17 unless an extension is needed.
Please visit the district’s Student Transfers page for more details about the transfer request process.
Annual State Testing
Annual State Testing for 3rd – 5th graders begins this month. Please click HERE for updated and important information about Annual State Testing.
If you would like to learn more about your right to Opt Out of state testing, click HERE to view the district’s opt-out information.
Don’t forget to check out the district’s Community Flyers page each week to connect with upcoming community activities, events, and programs!